Monday, May 5, 2014

The Beauty Blogger Tag

In the blog world, it is common to get "tagged" with a questionnaire about yourself and your beauty routine. I was tagged, so I will play along and answer these questions.



1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
It's naturally straight with a little kink.

2. What is your natural hair color?
It is a mousy blondish-brown shade.

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I go to a salon for highlights, and sometimes lowlights.

4. How often do you wash your hair?
I wash my hair every second or third day. On the other days I use dry shampoo.

5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
Well, I work at a day spa where we are required to wear all black. I also love to wear navy blues, earth tones and shades of white. My wardrobe is seriously lacking color, but I have been trying to add some bright pieces. I have a very classic style though, with a few trends thrown in here and there. The trends don't always work for me. Especially not after I turned 40. 

6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
Right now I have a gel manicure. I get them for travel or special occasions. Usually I do my own nails though.

7. How often to you change your nail polish?
 With a gel manicure, the polish lasts for 2-3 weeks. But when I'm doing my own I will change when it starts to chip. Every 3 days or so.

8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
I definitely polish year round. I have lived in California or Florida for the last 18 years, so my toes are usually on display.

9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
I can do it in 20 minutes, but I'd much rather take 30-40 minutes and take my time and play around a little. 

10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I always start with my face make up. I do save my corrector/concealer for after my eye make up though. It will cover any eye shadow fall out areas I needed to wipe down. 

11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I am a bit of a collector but I usually research before I buy something so that I don't end up spending money on something that isn't good. It still happens sometimes, but it annoys me to no end. I hate to waste money.

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I wear them for evenings out or special occasions only.

13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
I don't always wear the same amount of make up, but I do wear make up every day. I know that makes me sound like a stepford wife, but really it just makes me feel so much better, and so much more confident. I don't judge, or even think about other people and if the are or aren't wearing make up. I just love it so. 

14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
 I certainly don't wear make up to work out, and I will wash my face before settling down for T.V. in the evening. But I do wear make up during the day. I don't usually stay home all day.

15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
I will, but I would rather not. Like I said, there is no way I would wear make up to the gym and if I had an errand to run after, no big deal. But I do like to get ready for the day at some point.

16. How many high end products do you have?
I guess most of my products would be considered high end. I have been reading many blogs on drug store equivalent make up though, and I am trying to find awesome products at a better price point. I will probably be blogging on this soon!

17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
I wash my brushes at least once a week, if not more. 

18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
If I have somewhere special to go I plan my outfit the day (or even the week) before. But on a day to day basis, I just get up and wear what feels good.

19. How often do you change your handbag?
Probably every season or so. It's nice to switch it up, but I do own some great bags that I use year after year. I will just put them up in a dust bag for a season or two, then pull them back out. Of course if I'm going out at night I will switch to a small bag or clutch.

20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
I typically go to sleep around 10:30 and I wake up at around 6:30.

21. How often & when do you workout?
NOT NEARLY AS MUCH AS I SHOULD! I hate working out so much. I try to jog and lift some free weights here and there, but it's not nearly as consistent as it should be. But when I do work out, it is ALWAYS in the morning. If I don't do it in the morning, I don't do it.

22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
Right-handed, with a few left-handed tendencies. I remember a teacher taking the pencil out of my left hand, and making me use my right. She was probably just trying to make my life easier.

23. How tall are you?
5'4"

24. Do you speak a foreign language?
 No hablo. Although I did take Spanish in high school.

25. How many pets do you have?
I have 2 dogs. Louie is a 14 lb. poodle. Leila is a 6 lb. Yorkie-poo.

26. How often are you on Blogger?
I read blogs constantly. Probably every day. I haven't been writing as much as I would like to though. I'm trying to get back into the swing of it.

27. Do you read the comments posted blogs?
For sure! On the blog, and the other social media outlets where I post. I always read them.

28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
 Yes, I do! Especially if it is a blogger that I seem to have a lot in common with. It's so nice to read someone else's review of a product before you buy it.

29. How did you come up with your blog name?
 I wanted a name that allowed me to blog about beauty products, and so much more. I wanted to talk about transitioning into the middle age years and how to still feel good about myself. It was also important to me to have the word "Grace" in the title because I am a Christian, and I want to live in His grace.

30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
Um... my iphone 5. Lol. I should probably have something nicer.

31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
I pick up around the house everyday but I try to clean once a week. Please notice that I said try. :) 

32. What is your favourite colour?
Green and Pink

33. What is your favorite beauty/fashion magazine?
I actually like More, Lucky and Redbook. 

34. Do you swear?
Yes I do. But not too often.

35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
I'm going to go for a walk, go to the grocery, do a few loads of laundry, pick my son up from school, then plan dinner. I kind of love days like this. Usually I work on Mondays, but I am off today.

Have a Blessed Day!


OH... and I'm tagging www.thenigottothinking.com with this beauty blogger questionnaire.    

No comments:

Post a Comment