Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Bucket List

I see so many people making a bucket lists for their upcoming decade, or even for their lifetime. I wanted to do this, but for some reason, it's way to overwhelming for me to come up with everything I want to do over such a long period of time. I settled on making a bucket list for this summer.


1. Attend more concerts in the park with my hubby. These are great concerts, and make for a fun and cheap date. We have friends that go as well, and it's always nice to spend time with them.


2. Learn how to make sock monkey's. Don't laugh, I've been wanting to learn this for a long time. My grandmother used to make them, and I want to carry on the tradition. I need to hurry up because my nieces and nephews are getting older, and I want to give them each one from Aunt TT.


3. Teach my teenaged son how to cook one meal. I think it's important for kids to know how to cook for themselves. Summer is the perfect time to start teaching him.

4. Play tennis with my daughter. We've both been wanting to do this, but we keep putting it off. It will be a great way to exercise without having to hit the gym.


5. Spend a long weekend with my cousin Kristen. She is coming to Sacramento the end of July. I want to find a quick/fun/cheap trip we can take, and have a little girl time.

Now this is a nice, easy bucket list that I think I can actually tackle. Summer is already halfway over, so I'd better get busy!  Leave me a comment and let me know your Summer Bucket List.







5 comments:

  1. Great list and I can't wait to spend more Friday nights in the park with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe next summer you could put this on your list .. "Teach Lauren how to make a sock monkey." That is so cool! I love how your list includes doing things with/for other people ... did anyone else notice that? Aren't most bucket lists super selfish?!?! Like go sky-diving, pamper myself, take a vacation, etc. Your list is about your hubby, children, your nieces and nephews, your cousin, and your friends. You truly are amazing. Here is my Summer Bucket List: Be more like Tricia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia, I totally relate about the whole bucket list thing. It seems so daunting that I've never done one. But I like your idea about keeping it short term. Now that's something I could do. I have to check out the website you listed for local outdoor concerts, because that sounds fun. Hmm, I have to think about my own summer bucket list.
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss blog)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE #2! My husband has always had a pet sock monkey (that I tease him about), and it would be great to make him a monkey mate :)

    ReplyDelete